Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Tourist, ala Moi

My previous post ended with me headdesk-ing (I still am, mentally) so naturally the wannabe Hollywood-put-righter (a secret imaginary position wherein a discreet individual such as I snoops around the movie industry, film noir-style, in her mindspace, to fix things we wish could be fixed in real life) in me would like to offer a few alternatives to the Johnny Depp-Angelina Jolie combo.

Not that they're bad actors. Far from it. Johnny Depp more so than Ms. Jolie. But from the trailer they seem like they had to be forced to belong together, ya know what I'm sayin'?

So with no further ado, allow me to present other combos which I think could make The Tourist more watchable, in my book.

If they're a pair of mature sophisticated individuals:

May I propose Ms. Marion Cotillard and Mr. Jon Hamm. (Actually, this would be my prime choice).


If they're a slightly kooky/exotic pair:

Mr. Ken Watanabe and Ms. Olga Kurylenko


And should the Mssrs. Hollywood executives want to young-ify the premise to appeal to the young 'uns:
Mr. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ms. Clémence Poésy

Notice how the female leads are all European? That's because THAT'S THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. There's only one room for an American expat in that movie and I'd prefer it to be The Tourist himself.

And notice how half of them are from Inception? Now THAT's a movie with great casting. 

What do you think? ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment