Thursday, November 4, 2010

GNAAAWWWHHH It Wasn't Supposed to Be Like This!

One of the longest (and biggest) gripes I've had about a movie ever since I found out that Goldberry and Tom Bombadil were not included in the Lord of the Rings trilogy of movies (booooooo Peter Jackson!) is about 2004's Alien vs. Predator.


Now I'd been looking forward to watching this ever since I saw the trailers because - well what's not to love: Aliens and Predators, some of the standout sci fi creatures to come from the 80s and 90s. And I was hyped up by the tagline. To me, it only meant a full-blown Alien-bloodbath.

I didn't expect the movie to have a solid plot with more twists and turns than the road up to Cameron Highlands, but the fight scenes between the Aliens and the Predator were well-executed. I actually enjoyed the movie a little bit. 

Then they had to throw that little plot device/twist whatever in: THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND.

And suddenly the last human survivor in the group gets to kick Alien butt with a friggin' Predator.



*facepalm*

Ruined. Totally ruined.

Pardon me while I cleanse myself with these:



No comments:

Post a Comment